Been making natural dyed eggs! Used onion skins with a dash of coffee.
* Blew the eggs (to get innards out – yay omelet). Free range organic eggs from a local farm, of course.
* Boiled up onion skins in half water, half vinegar mix.
* Added about half a cup of cold coffee
* Switched off heat, put shells in very full pan so that I could weigh them down gently with a plate (they were floating!)
* Left them in for 3 hours
* Took them out and etched designs into them whilst the shells were still wet using a wooden skewer
* popped finished shells into a warm oven on lowest setting for 10 minutes to dry and set the dye
* Strung through ribbon and beads with a long needle
Have fun! If you try this please share pics on my Facebook page